Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hey Soul Sistah, How I Love Yah!

This blog is dedicated to all my soul sistahs!

Seeing the picture below, reminded me that our fun is magnified when shared and reminded me of my first soul sistah and those that followed in her footsteps.


In looking at old photo albums, my own soul sistah and I were often pictured side by side, and were often seen sharing a lap.  She and I shared a bedroom, shared our secrets, our hopes and dreams.  When I needed a play mate, a hug, a sympathetic ear, or someone to give me a second chance, she was there.  When I could not find anything in my closet, her closet and dresser held special treasures that she was often willing to share.

When I went off to college, I sought others like her and thankfully, found them. My college days were brightened because I had a great sistah from my high school days who introduced me to a great group of fun loving gals who later became my sorority sisters. 

Being away from home, we explored unknown territories, ventured off to unfamiliar places, to fraternity houses, hung out between classes and planned parties with enthusiasm!  We shared joys, failures, successes, humiliations, disappointments, celebrations and triumps.  When I dropped out of school, it was my sorority sistahs who encouraged me to return. I grew to love these special sistahs and over the years took many of them for granted.

After college, I continued to explore and traveled throughout Europe with trusted sistahs. With unfailing support, I got married and made the transition into motherhood with my soul sistahs near my side. Somedays were bright, other days were dark, but they were always better when a soul sister was near.

As I have aged, I see that life is too short and I do not wish to wake up with regrets. So today, I intend to recognize those special sistahs in my life.  I will  hug those sistahs who have laughed with me, cried with me, encouraged me, and stood next to me even when we were miles away.

God never said life would be easy, but he did give us soul sistahs, and with these sensational sistahs next to us, life is worth living day to day!
Let's celebrate Soul Sistahs!  Let's sing tonight and expect brighter tomorrows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment