Monday, October 4, 2010

Dreamin of a Day when I Will be Living Like I'm Dying!

Pulling up the weeds, tossing out the accumulated stuff that no longer interest me, I'm making room for a new way of living: I am dreaming of the day that I will be living like I'm dying!

Thinking of that day, I'm feeling a tingle run up my back. No excuses, I will put myself first and find a way to do the things that bring me joy. I will sleep until I wake, then I will jump out of bed and head for the sea shore with my camera and beach chair. I will gaze at the ocean, focus on the rising sun, see the birds feeding along the shore, relish the joy of seeing small children enjoying the sand, their buckets and shovels and take pictures of these simple pleasures.

Tucked under my arm will be a good book and my journal. I will take time to capture my joy on the printed page. I will read words of inspiration. I will doze as the sun becomes warmer and warmer. When I awake, I will pull the notecards from my bag and I will write individual notes to those who have made a difference in my life.

I will tell them specifically what makes each of them so special to me. I will write and write until I am sure that everyone in my life knows how much I appreciate them and the special gifts they have shared with me and others. As the sun sets, I will head back to my deck, drink a salty frozen margarita, gaze out toward the horizon and plot another fun filled day. That night I will drift to sleep in peace with love and appreciation in my heart.

Reading over the delicious day I look forward to enjoying someday, I wonder when I will begin. My questions continue... Why wait till I am dying to say thank you or tell another how special they are to me? Why let another day go by, without expressing my gratitude? Why let another day go by without taking time for reflection and joyful activities that bring happiness to myself and others?

Why not begin now? As the script says, I have 86,400 seconds in a day to either turn it all around or throw it all away.

What would you do if you only had 86,400 seconds left? If you are puzzled, perhaps the song below will provide a bit of inspiration...Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment