Monday, September 20, 2010

Law of Attraction: Begins with Loving Yourself and Letting Go!

Reading today's Daily OM, I am reminded of my obligations, not only to others, but to myself. My list is long...where am I on this list?

All too often, we put the needs of others, before our own, and forget obligations we have to our own well being. Over time, as we continually say yes when we are tempted to say no, we begin to erode our self worth and self confidence while building walls of resentment, between ourselves and those we love and that spells disaster for all! When I pause to listen, I AM REMINDED, We can not help anyone, if we are drained and exhausted!

Barbara De Angelis, gives us MORE food for thought while saying, “If you aren't good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you'll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren't even giving to yourself.”

When was the last time you made time for yourself? When was the last time you said no, and said yes to that nice walk in the sunshine? When was the last time you said no, and slept in or stayed up late to read that juicy novel that took you to unknown places? When was the last time, you took time to reflect, to relax and to relish your accomplishments.

I know I have a hard time, ending the day and letting go. I hear the small voice inside saying, "Just one more chore, one more note, one more call, then... I will slip into the warm bubble bath... That's my promise and obligation to me!

What can you do today to demonstrate your love and appreciation of yourself? When will we put ourselves on our to do list? If you are feeling burnt out, finding it difficult to get up and begin again, I encourage you to rest, slow down and say no more often! When we pause to love and appreciate ourselves, the universe responds with a resounding YES!

Perhaps, tomorrow, I will begin with me at the top of my to-do list... Maybe that would make it easier to Let go and Let God? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment