Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mom, She's Solid as a Rock!

Rose Gray, my mom, was a force to be reckoned with. She stood tall and was no shrinking violet when it came to raising my sister, brother and I. She was opininated and passionate. She loved to dance and sing and delighted in being a Mom. She shared our joys and sorrows and was quick to offer encouragement and to help us learn from our mistakes. We always knew what to expect and we could count on her for unconditional love through our trials and tribulations.

She had high hopes, dreamed, planned and took action with vigor. When she came into a room, you noticed a woman who was sure footed. She walked with confidence, with a smile on her face and you knew almost immediately that her family was very important to her. She knew where she was going and what was next on her agenda. Not only was my Mom, solid as a Rock, she modeled rock solid leadership.

When, I came upon this book and movie, I remembered my Mom and the legacy she left me. She led by example and was a great role model.

Rock Solid Leadership is a beautifully designed book and movie with great stories to engage your mind and your heart. These stories offer insights and inspiration on ten principles of leadership that include long term vision, discipline, and enthusiasm.

Enjoy this 3 minute movie and be inspired to be your best, like my Mom!




What will your children remember about you? What legacy do you want to leave behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment