Saturday, November 27, 2010

Unexpected Joy!

When we are relaxed, at peace and at ease, we are often surprised with what lands in our lap!  This idea surfaced as I gazed upon a picture that I found on my facebook profile.  As I surveyed my bulging eyes, I was transported to the event which had taken place the day before Thanksgiving.  Peyton, a great big Great Dane was visiting with us and had surprised me with an unexpected jump upon my lap.

I  was resting comfortably on our family room sofa, with my legs propped up and extended.  I was feeling good about the day, my surroundings and myself.  I had enjoyed a good family breakfast; I had gone shopping, found everything I had been looking for; and was feeling happy, content and relaxed.  Sure, Thanksgiving was right around the corner, but I knew I could count on the help of friends and family to pull it all together.   So I threw my feet up and relished the moment of peace.

Out of nowhere, Peyton appeared.  She jumped up on the couch, and before I knew it, she had spread her large frame across my body.  Much to my surprise, she and I bonded, as we relaxed together on that couch.  In my younger days, I would have been running around like a chicken with her head cut off, much too busy to pause and much too uptight, to allow a dog to get up on my couch.


With joy in my heart, I realize that I am slowing down and am opening up to love, no matter when or where it shows up!  I secretly applaud my willingness to relax...This was not always my mode of operation.  I realize, I am indeed a Mama in Transition!!!

Tomorrow is Sunday.  How will you relax?  What will you do to share the love in your heart?  Where will you get that unexpected joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment