Thursday, January 15, 2009

Last Day to Vote - Ideas for Change in America

I am starting off 2009 with Wellness on my Mind. It will be the overarching theme and the foundation of all I undertake this year. I had two medical appointments today (my preventive maintenance plan) and am reminded daily of how fortunate I am to be able to afford medical care for myself and family. I know others are not so lucky and need support in this arena and I am committed to devoting efforts toward this end.

I see the future as bright and I am choosing to voice my opinion on areas that I believe need more attention going forward. We will soon have a new President and a new Administration and they will have many issues to consider. Why not help them to focus on issues that are important to you? Consider voting today for the ideas you would like to support going into 2009.

My focus is on health and education. Your areas of interest may differ. Below, you will see a listing that details how I voted. You can also see where each issue stood in terms of popularity earlier today.

Voting will continue throughout the day. If you have not already voted in this round, you can do so now. Today is the last day to vote on this Change.Org forum. The Top Ten Ideas will be presented to the Obama Administration tomorrow at the National Press Club. The Change.org team will then connect the winning ideas with leading non-profit organizations and launch a series of national advocacy campaigns designed to turn each idea into public policy.

To read more about each issue, I chose to support, you can click the link below. You can choose to vote for these issues or find other issues that are important to you and vote for them. The point is to take action and to be heard and counted. It is easy to do!


I have voted for the following 10 ideas:
Free Single Payer Health Care (3rd Place)
Pass the DREAM Act - Support Higher Education for All Students (7th Place)
Bridging the Empathy Gap - Yes We Can! (12th Place)
Healthful school lunch options (13th Place)
Fully Fund Medicaid Waivers for the Developmentally Disabled (18th Place)
Mobilize Mentors, Tutors, and Citizen Teachers to Help Kids Succeed (28th Place)
End Childhood Hunger in America (38th Place)
"The Autism Reform Act of 2009" (40th Place)
Take Care of Disabled Veterans (44th Place)
Give Homeless Children a Chance (49th Place)

You can help support ideas for change by forwarding this information to friends or posting links to your favorite ideas on sites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, or any blog you might write. The Ideas for Change in America initiative was begun with the hope that they could translate the energy behind the Obama election into a citizen-led movement for change around the major issues we face. Over 500,000 votes have been cast thus far. With each vote that is cast, you help to deliver a clear message to the Obama administration that the American people want to participate in their own government again.

Have a Great Day and Divine 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment